We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Is the ADT Extended Service Plan worth it?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Is the ADT Extended Service Plan worth it?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Justin Doomach
    Participant

I currently have an ADT security system and they just called asking about the ADT Quality Service Plan. Does anyone think this is worth it? It seems nice to know if anything happens to my system I will not be charged for a service call (and these service calls start at $175 plus the cost of materials and travel). Part of me thinks it is worth it, but the other part of me thinks it is ridiculous that ADT charges that much money to fix something that they sold me and that I pay $50 a month for!

• #10424 Reply

It is tough to answer this question with the absolute “correct” answer. However, my gut reaction is to tell you not to purchase the plan and begin looking at other home security companies that do not require service charges for repairing systems. Many home security systems today are self-installed and there are not as complicated as hard wired systems. My point is that they are really easy to troubleshoot over the phone when something goes wrong. Most of these companies will send you the correct replacement parts needed, eliminated the need for an expensive service charge.

Reply To: Is the ADT Extended Service Plan worth it?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.