We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Looking for an alarm system in my rented house

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Looking for an alarm system in my rented house

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kimberly Alt 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I rent a house currently but I’d like to install a home alarm system. It’s not too big of a place. Three bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms. I would like to have video at both entrances to my home. I have a garage entrance and then a front door entrance. It’s a one story house as well (not sure if that matters). My landlord doesn’t mind if I need to screw some things into the walls. She said it could potentially up the value of the place. However, I would like to have the system relocated for when I move. If not possible, that’s completely fine, but it is a preference. Any help would be great. Thanks!

• #12207 Reply

Kimberly Alt
    Participant

It depends if you are wanting anything more than video. If you are ok with only having video, check out Piper. This is a camera that does not get screwed into any walls. It sits in the room and you can connect up to 5 of them together. You can keep an eye on your place with the Piper smartphone app. It is also easy to relocate.

Another option is FrontPoint. FrontPoint is a well known security company that is simple to relocate. They have everything from cameras to sensors to smart home devices.

To go through more security systems, check out our best home security reviews.

Reply To: Looking for an alarm system in my rented house
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.