We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Is Bank of America Affected by the Heartbleed bug?

Home Forums Online Security Is Bank of America Affected by the Heartbleed bug?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Jonas B
    Participant

Great coverage of the Heartbleed virus. I still can’t believe this crazy bug went undetected for two years. Actually, I’m more surprised that seemingly few hackers were aware of it either, and fortunately didn’t do much about it.

The main account I’m concerned with is my Bank of America banking account. Was B of A affected by heartbleed? And if so, has the system been patched? If it has, it’s easy for me to change my password, I just wanted to make sure.

• #10484 Reply

Most banks and brokerages have reported that they are not vulnerable to the Heart bleed bug. However, if you’re still concerned it wouldn’t hurt to give your Bank of America branch a call and confirm that your data has not been exposed. Lastly, it’s never a bad idea to change your password on a regular basis, so this may provide a good time to do so.

We’ve given the Heartbleed bug extensive coverage in our article if you’re interested in learning more. It discusses other popular online services and websites that have been affected, as well as if and when patches have been issued to resolve the problem.

Reply To: Is Bank of America Affected by the Heartbleed bug?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.