We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Best monitoring station?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Best monitoring station?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex 6 years ago.

• Author

Sayaka Lin
    Participant

I'm in the market for an alarm system and was wondering if anyone had an opinion as to the best and fastest responding monitoring station?

I know all the security companies like to hype up their product offerings, but without a solid monitoring station to back them up, they're not helping anyone.

• #1478 Reply

a seeker of security

I think most of the monitoring stations in use are reliable. Honestly, I would focus more on the actual system that's installed. If your system can't communicate with the monitoring station, they'll never hear your "cry for help"…

• #1479 Reply

GreatGizmos

In my opinion, not all monitoring services are the same. Speed of response and operator professionalism does vary. Personally I have had very positive experiences with Criticom (CMS) Central Station. They are typically fast, professional and friendly, traits I found lacking in some other national companies.

I recommend that you find a professional, licensed security dealer in your area and use the monitoring service they offer.

• #1480 Reply

I believe FrontPoint Security uses Rapid Response (based in NY), Protect America uses Criticom (according to their website they are "the largest wholesale alarm monitoring company in the United States, serving more than 4,000 alarm companies and their 900,000 customers"), but I'm not sure about ADT? Since they have an authorized dealer program, does that mean all ADT dealers contract with the same monitoring station, or is that not necessarily the case?

• #1481 Reply

Alex

ADT has 6 monitoring stations spread throughout the country that are available to their authorized dealers based on geographic proximity. All the stations are run by ADT, the largest being the Aurora Center in Colorado. Others are located in Rochester, Kansas City, Jacksonville, and Omaha. It was in the 90's that they switched from smaller regional monitoring stations to these mega national centers.

Reply To: Best monitoring station?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.