We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

What should I look for in a business security system?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems What should I look for in a business security system?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I have been doing a lot of research for a security system at my home, but I also have a small retail operation. Are there “business specific” security systems, or are the security systems basically the same? I guess I’m concerned about having a few video cameras, but I can’t really think of anything too different from a residential system. Should I consult a local dealer for my business? Does anyone have any recommendations for a local security system dealer in Columbus Ohio?

• #10408 Reply

The answer to your question is really going to depend on your personal preference. If you only have one small retail location, I think you will be perfectly happy with a standard home security system from FrontPoint, Protect America or LifeShield. Based on my retail experience, you are probably going to want:

• A Camera for the register, and a camera for each entrance (don’t forget the back entrance if you have one)
    • A Motion Detector in the main area of your store
    • A Glass Break Sensor (if you have windows – most retail storefronts do)
    • A Door Sensor

If you had a huge warehouse or some other unique situation, I would tell you to speak to a local installer. If you still our not sure, check our our guide to security solutions in Columbus, we have a few local installers that we recommend.

Reply To: What should I look for in a business security system?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.