We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Dropcam and Nest Integration

Home Forums Home Security Dropcam and Nest Integration

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I purchased a Nest thermostat recently and so far I really like it. I’m interested in a Dropcam and I see that they are owned by the same company. Do they somehow sync up and “talk” to each other? Their website makes it seem like this is possible, but I’m not seeing how it actually works.

• #14189 Reply

I’ve had a Dropcam for almost a year now and recently got a Nest Thermostat. I didn’t really expect them to communicate in anyway, but when I went to the Nest website I was surprised to see the claim that “Dropcam works with Nest”. How it works is that Nest can detect when you are not home and if an “alert” happens during that time (movement on the Dropcam), you will be automatically notified. With just Dropcam alone, you either receive those alerts all the time (even when you are home), or never at all. So it is a pretty cool integration.

Reply To: Dropcam and Nest Integration
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.