We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Is Everykey the Future of Passwords?

Home Forums Online Security Is Everykey the Future of Passwords?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I just found out about the Kickstarter campaign for Everykey. Basically, it is a wrist band that uses Bluetooth to act as your password to login into websites. My first concern is that if you lose or misplace the wrist band, you are in serious trouble. But they have a setting so your phone will immediately locate you if the wrist band is out of range and you can call them to disable it. So that is good, but then my second concern is whether I want to wear a wristband just to access passwords? Seems like a lot of work. I like their future vision where it will be able to unlock doors and change lighting settings, but I don’t know how far away that is.

• #13418 Reply

I’m keeping an eye on Everykey because they are based out of Cleveland, where I live. It is great to see local innovation! I’m feeling similar about their current offering though because I’m not sure how I feel about wearing a security wristband everywhere. For me, LastPass works great and I just need to remember one password. I wish Everykey the best though and whenever they integrate some home automation features I think they will be onto something great.

Reply To: Is Everykey the Future of Passwords?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.