We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

False Alarm From My Smoke Detector

Home Forums Home Security False Alarm From My Smoke Detector

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sadie 6 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

My smoke detector that is monitored by my security system recently went off while I was not at home. It was a false alarm and I told the monitoring company that when they called. It got me thinking though, I travel a lot and I wonder what the best procedure should be if I get a phone call from a monitoring company about a smoke alarm? Should I tell them I’m not home and call the fire department? Or should I call a neighbor so emergency services don’t come unnecessarily? Does anyone have any other ideas?

• #899 Reply

Sadie

I'd say you make a plan on what to do if… it's a great idea to have a game plan and walk through different scenarios with your family and have a list of phone numbers on who to call when something happens. The last thing you want is for your house to burn down but at the same time you don't want to over react to a false alarm. 

Reply To: False Alarm From My Smoke Detector
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.