We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Free Antivirus Software?

Home Forums Online Security Free Antivirus Software?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joe_r82 7 years ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I have never really had a lot of protection on my computer, but now i am using it a lot more than I used to.  I am starting to realize that I need to make sure I have some kind of antivirus protection on here to keep my system safe and warn me in the case of trouble.  A week or two ago, I went to download some legitimate software and clicked on a button that said “Download,” and it was some sort of craziness called a Babylon Toolbar and some other stuff.  The button I hit was some sort of advertisement.  I shut my computer down as soon as I realized what had happened and did a system restore.  I think that helped, but I feel like there’s more I need to put on my system.  I also feel like there could be remnants of the program that I need to remove.  Are there any good free options out there?  Right now, I just don’t have any money to buy a $60 software package.

• #1271 Reply

joe_r82

My favorite free programs are Spybot Search and Destroy and Super Anti Spyware.  Both of these programs have a free version and a paid version.  The paid versions are not as expensive as most other brands, but the software is solid.  The free version is very effective against malicious spyware and the companies can be trusted.  Both of these companies make a huge effort to help people by providing free software and protection for their computers because they feel that everyone deserves it.  I feel like that is such a wonderful thing to do.  Many professionals that trouble shoot computers that have been damaged by spyware will recommend that you use these programs, even though they are free.  These programs are that good.

Reply To: Free Antivirus Software?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.