We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Home Medical Monitoring

Home Forums Home Security Home Medical Monitoring

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  a seeker of security 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Michael White
    Participant

I have read many articles on this site, and there is no discussions with regards to home medical monitoring. I am in the healthcare industry looking to develop a Home Medical Monitoring division, using a subcontract company to provide the service, such as Criticom or Rapid Response. Could anyone provide any feedback on which is the best company to provide this service?

• #1486 Reply

a seeker of security

In recent years, the number of elderly people living alone has increased dramatically. According to forecasts, this is a trend that is likely to continue for some time. As more and more elderly people continue to live alone, the need for home medical monitoring will only increase.

A medical monitoring system is sort of like a home security system, only specifically designed to help an older or disabled person more easily call for help, should this ever be needed. A basic system is comprised of a console which is usually placed on a wall or table and a pendant that is worn around the neck of the person being monitored. If help is ever needed, the person in trouble can push either the consoles button or their pendant, depending on where they are. In some cases, there may be several consoles or pendants.

These systems are also usually quite easy and hassle free to install. The basic console should easily connect to a standard telephone wall jack and power outlet. There is no additional wiring required. Ordinarily, the installation and delivery of the system should be free of charge. Additionally, there should not be any type of long term contract, activation or cancellation fee.

One service that is absolutely necessary is to have a quality monitoring company. This should include lifetime warranties and extra batteries (in case of power outages) for the console and any other devices provided.

• #1487 Reply

Hi Kevin,

That's an excellent question. Criticom (Protect America uses them) and Rapid Response (FrontPoint uses them) are both very reputable monitoring stations. I'm not sure which would be suited better for home medical needs. I suggest you call them and ask any specific questions describing your needs/ requirements.

We'd be curious to hear what you find out, please post back! If we get any wiser on this, we'll share our insights as well.

• #1488 Reply

a seeker of security

There are many quality companies which you can consider when looking for home medical monitoring solutions. I am not sure about the idea of developing your own company division and then simply subcontracting the work out to another provider. That may be a lot more trouble than it is worth and as an owner of such a company, you would certainly be giving up a lot of control over your own business.

If you are looking for a home medical monitoring system, start by conducting some research on a few of the top companies. The author of this post does mention Criticom, which seems to me to be one of the best in this industry. I think one of the best things about this company is that they take the safety and security of your monitoring very seriously. They have three redundant monitoring centers. This means that you can be quite certain your service will always be operating.

There are other factors to consider as well when choosing such a company. This includes the range between the pendant and the console. Also consider things such as being able to have two-way communication, lifetime warranties on all components and even lighted help buttons in case you are alone and in the dark. Consider how long the company has been in business and whether they offer additional services that might be important to you (lock boxes, additional help buttons, etc…).

Reply To: Home Medical Monitoring
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.