We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Anyone have Home Security Tips for Women

Home Forums Home Security Anyone have Home Security Tips for Women

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rose Jacobson 5 years ago.

• Author

Morgan Chiu
    Participant

I live alone and am worried about security for myself at night. Even though I have a home alarm system, I live on the first floor of my apartment and am worried about someone breaking in to my house while I am there. Does anyone have advice or things they can do to help keep their mind at ease when living solo, especially as female. Thanks!

• #12161 Reply

Sadie Cornelius

Morgan, totally know how you feel since I am a female myself and have lived alone. If I hear strange noises at night sometimes I can’t go back to sleep so I will go sleep in a room that doesn’t have windows. I would also recommend getting a motion-detected light for outside that goes off when it senses activity. If you do hear noise or someone try turning on the lights or a TV so it looks like someone is home and awake. And finally, if you can sleep with your phone within distance of you in case you need to make an emergency call it’s easily accessible. Good luck and stay safe!

• #12610 Reply

Rose Jacobson
    Participant

Yes Sadie you are right. No need to feel lonely at home and don’t get panic when you hear some noises. Put CCTV cameras outside your doors, so who ever tries to come inside the home will be caught by the cameras.

Reply To: Anyone have Home Security Tips for Women
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.