We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

How to Remove Old Ademco System

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems How to Remove Old Ademco System

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Michael 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Michael

I have an old Ademco Lynx (link to manual below) alarm installed in my home that I would like to remove as it is no longer used. It was installed by ADT in 2001 and is hardwired into our home phone line (phone service provided by cable provider). It seems that the system impacts the functionality of the phone service in the rest of the house – when the system goes down, we lose phone service in the house. Before I dive in and just disconnect the wires at the keypad and remove it, I want to make sure I’m not going to lose phone service to the rest of the house. I’m not sure if there’s anything specific I need to do to remove the keypad? Do I need to disconnect the phone connection at the phone box terminal outside the house and then remove the keypad. The power to the keypad is also hardwired in some way – I assume I should also find from where the power is drawn and disconnect that at the source so I don’t have a hot wire running through the house after the keypad is removed? Or is it just better for me to hire a pro to take care of this issue? Thanks for the advice!

https://www.adt.com/content/dam/adt/downloads/manuals/manual_ademco_lynx.pdf

Reply To: How to Remove Old Ademco System
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.