We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

How to Send an Anonymous email

Home Forums Personal Security How to Send an Anonymous email

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Guest 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Vern Brooks
    Participant

I need to send someone an email but I don’t want them to know it’s me and don’t want them to be able to track it back to me via IP Address. Is there a way to send an email anonymously via a third party service/app? If so, how safe/secure is it? Don’t want the email to get caught in the person’s spam mailbox. Thanks

• #12573 Reply

Participant

Vern, there are a few ways you can send an anonymous email.

1. The most obvious being that you can create a fake email account with a made up name. If you use gmail or yahoo though you’ll probably need to have a backup email address though for recovery.

2. You could use a third-party website like 10 Minute Mail or Anonymouse that allow you to send an email with out creating an account. They vary on how secure they are though so read the fine print.

3. Last but not least, you might try a remailer service you send your message to a person who then forwards them on anonymously. Cypherpunk, Mixmaster and Mixmiminon are a few sites you could try – they’re all anonymous and encrypt your message too for extra security.

Oh, and if those don’t work – you could always send them a telegram! 🙂

Reply To: How to Send an Anonymous email
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.