We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

What's Better, iSmartAlarm or SimpliSafe?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems What's Better, iSmartAlarm or SimpliSafe?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 5 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

So I’m in the market for a DIY, no-contract home security system and you guys seem like legitimate authorities on the topic. I’m amazed, by the way, at how many no-contract alarm providers there are on the market now! I’ve also seen quite a few ads (At Lowe’s and such) for “smart home” products, and my cable provider (AT&T) keeps bugging me to add theirs on to our setup. But I’m only interested in the basic security system without a contract, that I can install myself, and that will protect me and my belongings while I’m gone.  In other words, I don’t need it to make my coffee and load up my tee times while I’m asleep.

Would you guys recommend iSmartAlarm or SimpliSafe? Simply Safe appears to have been around for a longer period of time, but I really like the iSmart Alarm offering. Their products simply look better, and the pricing is slightly more attractive. What do you guys think?

• #10800 Reply

You are correct, it seems like more and more of these no-contract options are available.

Since iSmartAlarm is so new, we have not had an opportunity to review them yet. So far I’m intrigued by their offerings, but it is too early for us to make a call.

We have reviewed SimpliSafe extensively (click hear to read our in depth review). For a no-contract alarm, SimpliSafe offers a pretty nice package. Keep in mind that if you want to be notified via text message of an alarms, you will have to pay $14.99/mo. To operate your system via your phone, it is $24.99/mo.

We believe that an alarm system that is monitored via a central monitoring station is the best route to go and that is why FrontPoint is our number one choice for the best home security system. If you don’t want to be locked into a contract, SimpliSafe is worth a look. It appears that iSmartAlarm does not offer monitoring via a central monitoring station.

Reply To: What's Better, iSmartAlarm or SimpliSafe?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.