We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

What is the best large dog for deterring criminals and burglaries?

Home Forums Home Security What is the best large dog for deterring criminals and burglaries?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Kegan Corra
    Participant

My condo got broken into last week so I am trying to find ways to better protect myself and my stuff. I was thinking about getting a large dog as I find them scary in other people’s yards and those “Beware of Dogs in Yard” signs seem like a good crime deterrent. If anyone has a large dog and could advise on this, I would love to know what breed to get? How old? Do they need training?

• #10348 Reply

Anonymous

Hi Kegan,

Thanks for your question. We actually do not recommend that you use a dog in place of an alarm system because you want to protect them too from intruders or fires. However, it is true that a dog with a big bark can be quite intimidating as well. This article on the best guard dog for deterring burglars has some useful tips that seem a perfect fit for you and your questions but let us know if you need more guidance.

Or perhaps another reader has some personal thoughts or stories they could share? Thanks!

Reply To: What is the best large dog for deterring criminals and burglaries?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.