We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

LinkedIn Phishing Scam

Home Forums Online Security LinkedIn Phishing Scam

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andy 6 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

Sayaka Lin
    Participant

I received an email claiming to be from LinkedIn stating that my account was blocked. I do not remember if I clicked on the link provided or not, but I usually do not click links in such emails.

Now, however, my browser will not let me connect to LinkedIn. The browser just runs and runs but does not connect to LinkedIn.com. I can get to any other website with no problem.

Is there a fix for this?

• #1551 Reply

Thanks for getting in touch with us. The LinkedIn scam was brought to our attention this morning and we’ve investigating. I suggest you run anti-spyware software such as AVG or a freeware utility such as Spybot Search & Destroy or a McAfee scanner. That should catch the culprit (most likely a modification to your hosts file, which is redirecting requests to linkedin.com).

• #1552 Reply

andy

I will do so. I've already run Microsoft Security Essentials, but did not turn up anything. I also ran Spybot S&D and SuperAntiSpyware. But nothing appeared wrong.

Reply To: LinkedIn Phishing Scam
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.