We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

My house got robbed. Will they come back?

Home Forums Home Security My house got robbed. Will they come back?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 5 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Maria L
    Participant

My roommate left our back door unlocked and someone came in and took some electronics, DVDs and some loose change. It doesn’t look like they went all the way through the house, just the main level and whatever was sitting out. Are we more likely to be robbed again since they have already been in the house?

• #10784 Reply

I’m not sure that there is anyway to answer this question with 100% certainty, but my gut feeling is that there is a decent chance the thieves could come back. They saw how easy it is to get in your home and how easy it was to get out. You said they didn’t take too much, so there is a chance that the scoped out the rest of the house with a plan to come back.

You need to take precautions. Make sure all doors and windows are always locked. Put an automatic timer on a few lights. And definitely consider a home security system.

Reply To: My house got robbed. Will they come back?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.