We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

National vs Local Home Security System Provider?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems National vs Local Home Security System Provider?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Jen B
    Participant

I’m in the market for a home security system now that I am the proud owner of my new home (my old apartment didn’t need one because it was inside a gated community and there was a separate locked entrance to my building). Now however, my house is near a fairly busy intersection, And there have been some reports of burglaries.

What’s holding me up is the fact that everyone seems to be reporting on the big national security companies, when as a general rule in life I prefer to shop local. Any recommendations for a local home security company here in Orlando, FL?

• #13757 Reply

Hi Jen,

Many of the national home security companies we review are DIY and you can move them from location to location easily and at no extra cost, which is a benefit to many consumers. However, we do understand your preference to support local, and there are local companies that offer DIY as well. The pros with local companies tend to be that there are more flexible pricing options, and the cons are that customer service and reliability vary greatly depending on whom you go with.

We have a whole section on local Florida home security companies, and an article on providers in Orlando. Let us know whom you decide to go with and what your experience with them is!

Reply To: National vs Local Home Security System Provider?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.