We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Protection One is not a good alarm service!

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Protection One is not a good alarm service!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Maru Quevedo 5 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Mick
    Participant

I had Protection One in Las Vegas until yesterday when my house was broken into and their security service that they farm out to, Veterans Security, didn’t show up to the call until an hour later! I had to mace one of the guys breaking in and I had to call the police! Great security for a 56 year old grandmother with a heart condition…not!

• #1545 Reply

joe_r82

One of the curious things that I have noticed about the internet is that happy people do not usually tend to leave comments or reviews. Most of what we see is people who have had poor experiences. I think this is the case with the poster who mentioned she had a break in. I think it is also understood that every company has their occasional faults and failings. This is likely what happened with the last poster.

Protection One is a well known national security company. In fact, according to most accounts it is one of the best security companies in the country. They are the second largest security company in the country and have a 95.5 percent customer satisfaction rating. This is well ahead of the vast majority of security companies.

Protection One offers some excellent guarantees to their customers. One of the most interesting to me is the fact that they will pay your homeowner's insurance deductible in the off chance that you do experience a break in. Up to 1,000 dollars. You will also likely receive a discount on your insurance of up to 20 percent just by having a security system. They also offer same day service and a number of really nice extras. This includes a free key chain remote and Life Lock identity theft protection service.

Of course, you also get all of the normal services. The 24 hour monitoring, keypad, indoor siren and more.

• #1543 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Why is it so difficult finding reviews on protection 1? You’ll notice that on their page they  boast  a “95.6%” approval rating. However, on consumer review sites like Yelp, they get horrendous feedback. I’m wondering if there’s any independent sites out there (like this one) that might have an unbiased, authoritative review on protection 1, specifically their home alarm systems?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by  David DeMille.
  • #1544 Reply

Alex

Protection 1 does not use an authorized dealer program (they are one of the largest national home security dealers to not to offer one). This means every protection 1 system is installed by a protection 1 employee. The upside of this approach? The highest BBB rating (A+) in the industry. BBB ratings tend to be backed up by more validated data than a Yelp rating, which can be “forged.” We have, like you, found varied Yelp reviews on them. For example, Protection One in Van Nuys, CA gets 1/5 stars but in Phoenix, AZ they get 4/5 stars. We invite you to read our review on Protection 1 for our take on this company and what it has to offer our readers.

• #7927 Reply

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

Interesting stuff guys thanks!

Looks like there’s a Wikipedia page for Protection One that might be useful to read.

Reply To: Protection One is not a good alarm service!
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.