We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Seriously Cool Cell Phone Safety Tips

Home Forums Personal Security Seriously Cool Cell Phone Safety Tips

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jack Charlie 7 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Jack Charlie
    Participant

One of my family members has shared some information with me that I just have to share with you guys. I have always thought that when it comes to cell phones and when it comes to your free or low cost VOIPs like Skype etc. that 911 and other emergency services are out of the question. Well, today I got some good news. Your cell phone does offer you some help in times of trouble. You might even want to write this stuff down and keep it with you or memorize it.  I think it’s that useful for you.

There are 4 things that your cell phone can do when you are in trouble. There is an emergency number, hidden battery power that you might not know about, it can be disabled if stolen, you can get free 411 whenever you like.

If you ever need to dial for emergency help anywhere in the world, you can dial 112. Even if you are out of a regular coverage area, your phone will search for a network to latch onto when you dial 112 so that you can get linked with authorities as soon as possible. Even if you manually lock your key pad, you can still dial 112 if you need to. How great is that?

Do you ever worry about getting lost somewhere and not having a charged cell phone? If you do, then you’re not alone. So many people experience this fear. There is help if something like this happens to you though. If your battery is really low, hit *3370#. This will cause your cell phone to tap into its reserve. This will give you an astounding 50% increase in your battery, and whenever you recharge your phone, that reserve is refilled again. Sweet!

One of the most annoying things about life today is that sometimes people steal your cell phone. Not only is that inconvenient and frustrating if your phone was expensive, it can also bring about anxiety if you have a lot of personal information on your phone or personal contacts.

Go get your phone now and type in the code *#06#. Write down the long 15-digit code that comes up on the screen. That number is your unique serial number. If your phone is lost or stolen, call your carrier and give them that number. When they have that code will render your phone completely useless. Someone can put a new SIM card in the phone and try to use it, but they won’t be able to do a single thing. It will be an empty victory for them, lol. They can’t sell the phone or use it. You win!

I know personally, I find myself wanting to use 411 at least once a week on my cell phone. My carrier charges almost $2, and most people are paying anywhere from $1 to $2.50 for the service. McDonald’s actually offers free 411 that anybody can use. Dial 800 – FREE411 or 800-373-3411. Save it in your contacts.

Reply To: Seriously Cool Cell Phone Safety Tips
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.