We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Smoke detector keeps having false alarms. What should I do?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Smoke detector keeps having false alarms. What should I do?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kimberly Alt 5 years ago.

• Author

Steven Cox
    Participant

I recently purchased an additional smoke detector from Simplisafe and am having issues with it. It keeps going off with false alarms, which is super annoying since it calls emergency services for me. This is the first time I have had any issues with my Simplisafe equipment. I have it placed in the hallway, right outside the bathroom. It goes off every time someone takes a hot shower and the steam escapes from the bathroom. Any suggestions on what I should do?

• #12556 Reply

Kimberly Alt
    Participant

Simplisafe smoke detectors have photoelectric sensors and they do not recommend placing them near bathrooms. I’ve had the same issue with a regular smoke detector. During the winter I like to take hot showers and my smoke detector goes crazy due to the steam. I recommend moving the sensor since it’s located outside of your bathroom.

Reply To: Smoke detector keeps having false alarms. What should I do?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.