We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Do I need Wifi for the SimpliSafe System to Work?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Do I need Wifi for the SimpliSafe System to Work?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David DeMille 4 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Maru Quevedo
    Keymaster

I have some rental properties and I’m looking for a cheap and easy home security solution. I don’t need professional monitoring, but I would like to get text message alerts. The problem is that some of the houses don’t have internet – especially ones that are vacant. Will SimpliSafe work for me?

• #12314 Reply

You do not need a WiFi connection for your SimpliSafe system to work. If you would like to receive text message alerts, you will have to pay for a monthly monitoring plan (either the Interactive or Alert package – the Standard package does not include text message alerts). If you don’t want a monthly fee, the SimpliSafe system will work as a local alarm (basically will set the siren off at the property), but you won’t get text message alerts.

Reply To: Do I need Wifi for the SimpliSafe System to Work?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.