We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Is it necessary to stop USPS while away for a week?

Home Forums Home Security Is it necessary to stop USPS while away for a week?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kimberly Alt 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Jen B
    Participant

My husband and I were having a discussion about whether it’s necessary for people to stop their mail while they are away on vacation. The two of us had never considered it until we read an article about it. My husband doesn’t think it’s necessary since we have a mailbox and we don’t get tons of mail. We don’t get newspapers on our doorstep either. So by looking at our home you wouldn’t really be able to tell if we were checking our mail or not. However, I feel differently. What’s to stop someone from opening our mailbox and seeing a week’s worth of mail inside and then decide to break into our home?

• #13329 Reply

Kimberly Alt
    Participant

Here at A Secure Life we always suggest stopping your mail if you’ll be away for an extended period of time. You’re right, what’s to stop someone from peeking inside your mailbox? USPS is used to holding mail for people. I’ve done it before and it’s super easy. All we had to do was fill out a form, then when we were back home we went in and picked our mail up. Pretty simple and it’s worth the security.

Reply To: Is it necessary to stop USPS while away for a week?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.