We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

This Connection is Untrusted

Home Forums Online Security This Connection is Untrusted

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mitchell9 6 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Tyler Beyea
    Spectator

I’m trying to access my bank account (Chase.com) using the Firefox browser, and today all of a sudden it throws this error message:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to chaseonline.chase.com, but we can’t confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely,
    sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site’s identity can’t be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn’t continue.

Technical Details

I Understand the Risks

If you understand what’s going on, you can tell Firefox to start trusting this site’s identification. Even if you trust the site, this error could mean that someone is
    tampering with your connection. Don’t add an exception unless you know there’s a good reason why this site doesn’t use trusted identification.

Anyone have an idea what I should do? I need to get into the account, but I’m nervous to proceed in case someone has hijacked my connection…

• #1540 Reply

It probably means your browser session expired (ie. your browser window sat open for a while before you actually logged in). I would open a new browser window, type in "chase.com", and try to login again. If the error recurs, please post back here and we'll troubleshoot further. As a rule of thumb, it's wise to heed these error messages. Better safe than sorry!

• #1541 Reply

mitchell9

If you have ever received error messages from your browser while trying to access an important site it can be incredibly frustrating. This is especially true if it is a site that you have visited frequently. Yet, this does happen from time to time. Technology can be a funny thing. We expect it to work great all the time. Usually things cooperate, but every once in a while there is a small hiccup.

So, if you receive an untrusted connection error message while using the Firefox browser there are few quick and easy solutions to try. The first quick fix is to try clearing the cache and cookies. You can do this is a couple of different ways. The easiest way is to refresh your browser while holding the shift key. Of course, you could always find the tools and then your internet options and choose the buttons to clear the cache and cookies.

Another easy solution is to go to your browser settings and then click on add exception and follow the prompts. In some cases, it might not actually let you go through it, since the site likely does have a valid certificate. Another option is to simply refresh the browser. More likely than not one of these options will solve the problem.

Usually a problem like this occurs because there is something hung up or caught in the browser and it just simply does not recognize the site.

Reply To: This Connection is Untrusted
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.