We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Vivint vs ADT?

Home Forums Home Security Security Systems Vivint vs ADT?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 6 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Erick Carlson
    Participant

So I’m wondering which company you guys prefer based on home automation capabilities (I saw that ADT tanked as far as home security/ DIY ratings are concerned, which I can appreciate after having to deal with one of their lousy used car salespitchmen). However, we have a local ADT dealer that actually isn’t half bad. My only concern is that they haven’t quite caught up with the home automation bandwagon.

I would love to:

• Be able to control my lights by setting schedules when I’m gone based on dynamic variables (sunrise, sunset, etc.) so the time they turn on and off changes naturally.
    • Be able to control my door locks
    • Home automation for my thermostat

That’s the 3 main things I’m looking for in home automation. If ADT or Vivint offers one of these far better than the other, I’d consider making the switch to Vivint.

• #938 Reply

Alex

Vivint offers all 3 things you're looking for in home automation (lights, door locks, and thermostat). They are pretty much the leader in the home automation category at the moment. Their prices also reflect this as they are somewhat pricey.

Home automation is a growing field that we expect other players to enter more into soon.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Erick Carlson.
  • #940 Reply

Jeff

To see how Vivint and ADT stack up head to head, visit our Vivint vs ADT comparison page. This page features a side by side comparison at every price point that these two companies offer.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by  Erick Carlson.
  • #939 Reply

JoeR.

Definitely have to go with Vivint. Their home security beats ADT hands down. To get through to them quicker I always dial their direct customer service line: 855-300-1751.

Reply To: Vivint vs ADT?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.