We may earn money when you click our links. Learn More. X

Why do people steal?

Home Forums Home Security Why do people steal?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kimberly Alt 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Security Girl
    Participant

I don’t understand why people burgle. Why would people take things from others and risk getting caught and going to jail? To me it’s not worth it. Can someone please explain why people burgle?

• #10553 Reply

Kimberly Alt
    Participant

There are many reasons why a person might burgle or steal. For some, they feel that it is the only way they can get the items they want. For example, maybe they want a flat screen TV, but they don’t have the money for it. The only way they can obtain it is if they break-in to someone’s house and take it. Others might steal to sell the objects and make money off of them. For some, stealing is even an addiction. They get a “high” from it and love the thrill and risk of potentially being caught.

I agree though, for me personally, I would never want to risk going to jail. Not to mention that is morally wrong and I would feel terrible.

Reply To: Why do people steal?
Your information:

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback!

Tell us how we can make your experience better next time.

Comments are closed.

We use cookies to enhance your website experience. By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our policy. Click for more information to find out what cookies we use, what they do and how you can disable them.