When it comes to antivirus technology there are so many options to choose from. making the selection process overwhelming. Bitdefender stands out in this crowded market by providing every security feature a user could ask for without sacrificing computer performance. Bitdefender is ASecureLife.com’s choice as the best antivirus software program. We take an in-depth look at the services offered, Bitdefender reviews and the features that help this program stand ahead of the rest.
Visit Website – Bitdefender
There are a number of features in Bitdefender Antivirus Software that can be helpful in determining whether this is the right antivirus software solution for you. Below are some of the highlighted features included in all of their main products.
- Advanced+ rating from AV-Test (highest rating available)
- Virus Bulletin VB100 certification (passed 12 out of 12 tests)
- Has antivirus, anti-malware, browser exploit, anti-trojan, anti-worm, anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and anti-phishing protection.
- Incoming and outgoing e-mail protection
- Instant messaging protection
- Automatic USB detection and immunization
- Registry start-up protection
- Enhanced on-demand vulnerability scanner
- Automatically cleans infected files
- Scans compressed formats
- Has a bootable rescue CD
- Has a quarantine feature
- Features movie, gamer and work modes that don’t slow down your computer
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP
- Separate antivirus software for Mac
Three Basic Levels of Anti-Virus Protection
Antivirus Plus, Internet Security and Total Security are currently the three main Windows-based antivirus services available from Bit Defender. Each of these services offers different degrees of protection, and each provides the user up to three years of protection for up to 10 PCs.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus offers a lot of features that other antivirus software providers don’t include in their entry-level software. And It’s been rated as a top antivirus software from a number of reputable organizations, including AV-Comparatives and PC Magazine.
The Bitdefender AntiVirus Plus offers a number of features that include:
- Windows 8 compatible
- Antivirus and anti-spyware
- Protects your banking and credit cards
- Security report
- Automatically logs you into your sites and keeps your information private
- Watch TV shows and movies without a slow computer
- Online privacy protection
Bitdefender offers a lot of different pricing based on number of users and one, two or three years of coverage. These are the low- and high-end prices for Antivirus Plus:
- $39.95 for a single PC for one year of protection.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for a year at a cost of $159.95.
- $89.95 for a single PC with protection for three years.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for three years for $339.95.
Bitdefender Internet Security is a step up from their Antivirus Plus software for PC users wanting a few extra key features, including:
- Two-way firewall
- Enhanced Parental Control
- Stops spam from reaching your inbox with its enhanced cloud-based technology
- $59.95 for a single PC for one year of protection.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for a year at a cost of $209.95.
- $129.95 for a single PC for three years of protection.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for three years for $479.95.
The Bitdefender Total Security service offers all of the features above in the Antivirus Plus service and in the Internet Security service in addition to the following features:
- Secure online storage
- Device anti-theft
- File encryption
- $69.95 for a single PC for one year of protection.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for a year at a cost of $229.95.
- $159.95 for a single PC protection for three years.
- Up to ten PCs can be protected for three years for $499.95.
Additional Services for Computers
Once you have added the product of your choice to your shopping cart on the Bitdefender website you will also be offered the opportunity to add optional services. The prices below are per year.
- Virus and spyware removal – $99.99
- PC optimizer – $59.99
- Install and setup – $39.99
- System repair – $79.99
- Anti-theft – $29.95 (for laptops and Android)
- Download insurance service – $7.95
- Mobile security (Android only) – $14.95
- 24/7 customer service via, phone, email and live chat
- Software exceeded or met all three AV-Tests on Performance, Protection and Usability
- Computer performance isn't slowed down while scanning
- Excellent user interface is very intuitive on all devices
- Total Security level of protection surpasses similar software – you can even find or wipe a lost or stolen laptop
- Auto-renews by default
- Mobile Security product is for Android only
- Basic firewall protection requires an upgrade from entry-level software to Internet Security
- More expensive than some competing antivirus software
- System scan times can be slower than other services
Bit Defender has a couple of multi-pack options that could save you money in the long run if you compare your individual needs for certain features, types and number of devices, and level of protection.
With features geared towards families with older children, the Bitdefender Antivirus Family Pack can save you a bundle of money. Pricing starts at $119.95 per year for up to three users. Included in that cost:
- Unlimited number of devices per user
- Protects Windows, Mac and Android devices
- Parental control
- Device tracking
- Facebook protection
total security multi-device
The Bitdefender Total Security Multi-Device package includes its Total Security, Mac and Mobile Security (Android only) software all-in-one. Using Bitdefender’s unique reflective machine-learning algorithms, you’re at once protected on all three platforms. Pricing ranges from $99.95 (up to 5 devices for one year) to $279.95 (up to 10 devices for three years).
Small Office Security
Bitdefender’s Small Office Security protects small businesses with up to 250 PCs, Macs and servers. You can have Bitdefender host the hardware or you can maintain it in-house. For $143.50, you can have it for 1 year for up to 5 seats.
Bitdefender now offers a separate software solution for Android smartphones and tablets. An independent testing lab, F-Secure Corp. reports that in 2014, 99% of new mobile malware threats were designed for Android. Check out this video to see how to keep your Android devices virus free.
What are some bitdefender reviews from actual users?
As part of our review process we scour online forums and customer reviews to see how real users rate the products. Here’s a sampling of positive and negative consumer reviews about Bitdefender’s 2015 software.
I’ve been using BitDefender Total Security since 2011 and have found the software extremely effective, very good value, dependable and non-intrusive, with a beautifully simply and elegant interface. I really value many of the additional tools it comes loaded with, particularly the Wallet and SafePay tools. In addition, I have always found the BitDefender team to be very polite, friendly, accommodating and quick to respond to any issues I may have had. — Jonathan R., TrustPilot.com, 3/19/15
The protection is second to none. I now see why it keeps winning awards. This baby catches everything without slowing you down, and I have yet to see a false positive. The optimization program is also very good. I have been working on cpu’s for a long time, and I can’t believe I never tried this before. This program alone fixes a lot of the systems brought to me for repair. — MrMike, CNET.com, 12/26/2014
I have been using Bitdenfender for a few years. I have now got caught up in their automated renewal process in which they claim ‘the automatic renewal option has been established to increase the comfort of the customer’. I strongly disagree. I have renewed the product shopping for bargains. They did an automatic renewal on an old license when I had over 250 days left on my license. Be careful of this one. No refund. — Jerome D., Amazon.com, 3/18/2015
I’ve owned Bitdefender Total Security since the 2014 series and I am just not that impressed with how it’s laid out. It does load faster in 2015, but I preferred 2014’s layout better. Autopilot will continue to change your settings even if you change them, which is ironic to me since they advertise this thing as having an intelligence system that will learn from your activities. Apparently, me changing settings is not in that algorithm for things to monitor. — Woody T., CNET.com, 7/26/2014
Bitdefender often has sitewide sales, click here to see the most recent offers.
Which Bitdefender Product Is Right for You?
Choosing the right Bitdefender product is a very personal decision and should be based upon your personal computer use. For those who utilize their computers for nothing more than basic email checking, the basic Bitdefender virus protection is ample. If, however, you are frequently downloading items and receiving multiple questionable emails that your email SPAM filter is unable to catch, then you may want to look into a more rigorous Bitdefender program.
Has Bitdefender lived up to its protection promises for your devices? Share your experience.