LifeLock offers three packages. Each one monitors your basic information, including your Social Security number, address, driver’s license number, and credit information, but only the top-tier package offers a full range of identity theft protection services.
The LifeLock Standard package is the least expensive but also the least comprehensive. For $9.99 per month (for the first year), you get basic identity protection and credit monitoring for just one bureau. After that first year, the monthly price goes up to $12.99 per month.
While this plan is inexpensive compared to other companies, competitors offer much more coverage for not much more money.
Coverage with LifeLock Standard
- Social Security number monitoring
- Credit alerts from one credit bureau (Equifax)
- Dark web monitoring
- USPS address change notification
- Personal information monitoring
- Lost wallet protection
- Up to $25,000 stolen funds reimbursement and personal expense compensation
The midrange tier, LifeLock Advantage, starts at $19.99 per month and jumps up to $24.99 per month after the first year. With the price increase comes more coverage, including bank account and credit card activity alerts, but you still get credit monitoring from only one credit bureau.
There isn’t a huge difference between LifeLock Advantage and the top-tier package, so if you go with LifeLock, Advantage balances price and features better than the other packages.
Coverage with LifeLock Advantage
- Everything from Standard plan
- Up to $100,000 stolen funds reimbursement and personal expense compensation
- Bank account and credit card alerts
- Data breach notifications
- Alerts for crimes committed in your name
- Annual credit report and score from one credit bureau (Equifax)